What are omega-3 fatty acids?
The omega-3 fatty acids are a group of essential polyunsaturated fatty acids typically found in fish, with the richest sources of fatty fish such as herring, salmon and mackerel. Two of the most important omega-3 fatty acids are eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
Already in the late seventies showed the two Danish doctors Bang Dyer Mountain that the Eskimos in Greenland had on average better health than the Danish population, because of their high fish consumption. * For those who have little or no fish eats, the use of a supplement with omega-3 fatty acids a useful option to have an adequate intake of these beneficial substances assured. Ideally, the diet provides the right balance between omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids (a group of vegetable fatty acids). According to experts, 1: 4, the optimum ratio of omega-3 and omega-6.
* Bang HO, Acta Med Scand et al 1976; 200:. 69-73.
Dyer Berg J, et al Lancet 1978 Jul 15; 2 (8081). 117-9
Good for the heart, brains and eyesight
EPA and DHA have several beneficial effects. An intake of 200 mg of DHA per day, contribute to the normal development of the brains, eyes and eyesight of babies and younger children. In adults, a consumption of 250 mg of DHA contributes to the maintenance of a normal brain and heart function.
PureMax ™ marking accordingly ensures among other things that:
- The maximum levels of dioxins and furans is less than 50% of the threshold levels set by the EU and CRN *
- The maximum PCB content is at least 90% lower than the thresholds established by the CRN *
- The maximum mercury content is at least 90% lower than the thresholds established by the CRN *
*) Stands for CRN Council for Responsible Nutrition, a large and well-respected industry association of manufacturers of dietary supplements in the United States.
Bio-Marine – the facts
- One in a scientific journal published * Finnish study showed that people who use daily Bio-Marine can suffer the same health as those 4-5 times a week eat fish dinner
- Bio-Marine contains 500 mg of concentrated fish oil per capsule, with an omega-3 content of 70% (35% EPA and 25% DHA and 10% other omega-3 fatty acids)
- Bio-Marine has an extremely low peroxide content because the oil against oxidation (rancidity) effectively protected
Nu van 15,37 voor slechts 11,85!